Friday, September 14, 2012

Razorbacks Fan for Life

So, I am an Arkansas Razorbacks fan. And yes, I said Arkansas couldn't loose to University of Louisiana at Monroe Warhawks. I was wrong, and Arkansas, the #8 ranked team in the nation lost in overtime. Now, Arkansas must face, without a doubt, the best team in the nation in the Alabama Crimson Tide. Not only must they play this mammoth of a team, they must do it without star quarterback Tyler Wilson; Wilson suffered a concussion during the ULM game last week. So now I must state the obvious, Alabama will beat Arkansas this weekend in Fayetteville, AR. However, I am and always have been a strong believer that any team can beat any team with the proper coaching and mental determination; just look at ULM. With that said, Arkansas may have the proper mental mind set to beat Alabama, but they do not have the quality coaching needed to do it. John L Smith is not the long term answer for Razorbacks football and to be honest, shouldn't have been hired this off season. Other than being familiar with the offensive scheme Bobby Petrino left behind, Smith simply had no reason to be looked at as the next head coach. Personally, I would have gone after Kirby Smart; defensive coordinator at the University of Alabama. Arkansas has proven it can hang with anyone offensively, but they have always lacked a defensive threat under Petrino. But, with all this said, I will call the Hogs this weekend, I will pray for a miracle. I still want John Smith gone, but that can wait until the end of the season. And I will still route for Alabama to win the national title, since I was born in Alabama and they are my second favorite college team.

No comments:

Post a Comment