Wednesday, August 22, 2012

TebowMania

I have to weight in on the Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, and the NY Jets situation. The moment the NY Jets organization traded for Tebow, they signed Sanchez's death sentence. I do not see Mark Sanchez staying with the Jets past this season unless Tebow leaves first; even if Tebow leaves, Sanchez may be to hurt to remain a Jet after what they have done to him. I say all this simply because Tim Tebow is one of the most popular players in football today, he can make things happen on the field where other players can't, and he is a winner. I still feel that he lacks the accuracy and know how to truly be a NFL quarterback, but you cannot deny his ability to will a team to victory. Mark Sanchez (who I have never been a big fan of) is a much better QB than Tebow, but he cannot make something out of nothing on a consistent basis. This is exactly what the Jets need right now, because they have nothing. Their star wide receiver is out (Santonio Holmes), and their offensive line is terrible. Lets add to that, their lack of a running game and poor play on defense. The Jets are just plain bad; they need a miracle and who do you think will give them that miracle? I predict that Tebow will be starting by week 3 against the Dolphins. Week 1, the Jets face their division rival Bills, and then in week 2 the defensive monster that is Pittsburgh. Sanchez will not play well against the Bills, but I think they could squeak by a win there, but the Steelers will destroy the Jets and the fans will demand Tebow. My opinion is for the Jets to play out the season at this point, start Tebow, and fire Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum after  the season is over. They will need to find a good new head coach quickly so they can then see which QB that coach wants to build around and then use the other to acquire draft picks. I might even trade away both and go after one of the talented QB in the draft next year. These are just my thoughts, and they don't mean much: I like the Jets, I hate Rex Ryan, and I love football, so take all this with a grain of salt. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment