Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football?

With the College and Pro football seasons less than a month away, I want to k now who is as excited about the up coming seasons as I am. My Arkansas Razorbacks are legitimate National Title contenders in the NCAA. The Miami Dolphins, my favorite pro team, however don't look as good. I was very disappointed with the dolphins offseason moves and feel that any expectation of them being above average is unrealistic. The Razorbacks on the other hand had every reason to fall apart this offseason with the Bobby Petrino scandal. But, when I look at them right now, I see the only true test for defending champions Alabama. LSU may be ranked number one right now in the preseason Coaches' Poll, but Alabama is clearly the better team. As long as Knile Davis and Tyler Wilson stay healthy this season, Arkansas is a better team than LSU. Don't get me wrong, LSU has great talent, but they are to full of themselves. Their cockiness is their greatest weakness. Nick Saban never lets his players get big heads, this is one of the many reasons he is the best coach in college football today. Arkansas doesn't have the bragging rights to be cocky. USC could usually be cocky at this point in the season, if it weren't for their bowl game ban over the past few due to NCAA violations years ago. 
My prediction for the NCAA champions are; SEC: Alabama (rooting for/wouldn't be surprised if Arkansas) over South Carolina, ACC: Clemson over Virginia Tech, Big 10: Michigan over Wisconsin, Big 12: Texas, Pac 12: Oregon over USC. National Championship Game: Alabama (Arkansas possible) vs Oregon, Alabama (Arkansas) wins.
My predictions for the NFL season are; AFC East: New England, New York Jets, Buffalo, Miami (I think Bills and Dolphins will have almost the exact same overall record); AFC South: Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indianapolis; AFC North: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh (I think the Bengals and Steelers will tie their overall records, but Cincy will win the tie breaker), Cleveland; AFC West: Oakland, Denver, San Diego, Kansas City; NFC East: New York Giants, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington; NFC South: Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa Bay; NFC North: Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota; NFC West: San Francisco, Seattle, St Louis, Arizona.
My playoff bracket looks a little like this
Rd 1:
AFC
H. Oakland vs A. Cincinnati
H. Houston vs A. Denver (NY Jets possible)

NFC
H. Atlanta vs A. Detroit
H. San Francisco vs A. New Orleans


Rd. 2:
AFC
H. New England vs A. Oakland
H. Baltimore vs A. Houston (NY Jets)

NFC
H. Green Bay vs A. Detroit
H. NY Giants vs A. San Francisco


Rd 3:
AFC
H. New England vs A. Baltimore

NFC
H. Green Bay (Detroit possible) vs A. San Francisco

Super Bowl
Baltimore vs Green Bay (Detroit)

Champion
Green Bay (Baltimore if opponent is Detroit)


These are my predictions for the up coming season of my favorite sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment